Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's my blog, and I'll share some vacation pictures if I want to! (But I will be nice and post the Bento first!)



When I lived near L.A. I went to Disneyland a lot... and by a lot..
I really do mean, a lot.. at times, it was once a week.  Now before you freak out,
we didn't always stay all day, and we often brought our own food...

For example, here is tomorrow's lunch, a Micky Sandwich, pretzels, red bell pepper, sugar snap peas, some dressing, and half an apple (checkerboard style) with peanut butter hiding underneath it for the apple and pretzels..  Although when I lived near L.A. I hadn't discovered Bento yet, so they were never this cute!



 If you are interested in seeing some of my vacation pictures, keep reading, if not, 
scroll down three pictures for some cute cupcakes that I didn't buy, but drooled over...

Much has changed since my last visit a year ago (gasp.. the withdrawals.... they were bad)
I teach on a modified year round schedule, so it is Fall Break!!!  That means ten days of Disneyland!
I must be totally insane because I am still working the Northern California Renaissance Faire 
on the weekends.. but hey, I can squeeze in ten days of Disney, right??????????????????????

 I have spent a lot of time in DCA just absorbing the new stuff.


There are these new style characters for the shows, their eyes and mouths move, 
they can even talk..but to be truthful, they kind of creep me out a bit.



They even have cute food at Disneyland. 


They also have cute Pumpkins carved by talented workers while you watch!




(I watched her carve part of it one day.. then went back another to get the finished pumpkin shot)


They have some not so cute, but totally awesome pumpkins too...




Lot's of cute kiddos in costume





           A place for kids to cool down in our lovely fall (over 100 the first day I was there..) weather... 
 totally crazy.  I am so glad it has finally cooled off!!! 


This little one was dancing in the water.



There are also some great street shows.. the Dapper Dans, Minnie's Fly Girls, 
The Red Trolley, and more....  I love watching them!
 



And some great stage/animatronic shows too... "In the Tikki Tikki Tikki Tikki Tikki Room"


And of course I had to watch Aladdin, though I must say I miss the flying carpet, 
that was one of my favorite parts of the show.  Oh well.  


One more dose of cuteness, just cause I can...




 And then to finish off, I love the flowers in the parks, they are always so well maintained..
I have a TON of flower pictures.



If you stuck with it to the end, thanks!!!!  I will soon return to my regular just Bento blog entries.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!