Tuesday, March 12, 2013

GREEN!!!

I started making a green lunch, in honor of St Patty's Day,
I decided to keep this one dye free.  I'm not against using dyes when I need
them (as you can see from past lunches), but I see no reason to use them 
when I can do the same thing naturally, or with a piece of boran. 

While I was digging through my fridge I could hear the frog song from my open
windows.. YUP, open windows!  Today's forecasted high was 79.  I broke out the capris
blinded the world with my white girl legs! So, back to those open windows... it's spring
which means frogs galore.  I haven't found the first frog in the classroom, or in the house.. but
it's just a matter of time.  I live in "Frog Town"  If you have ever read Mark Twain's
"The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" you have heard of us. You see, I live
in Frog Town.  That means we have Frogs.. big frogs, little frogs, noisy frogs, frogs that
do nasty things on the windows, frogs that sneak into the classroom, frogs that get in the
washing machine... So, when trying to decide on something green to put with my wrap (which
is green on the inside), I decided to choose it little piece of froggy boran.


Tomorrow's lunch is an egg salad and avocado wrap (yummy, and GREEN), steamed
Brussels sprouts, raw broccoli with some ranch in a green container for dipping, and some
lovely kiwi fruit.  Both the "baby cabbages" and the kiwi have a green pick for eating.

Happy Bento-ing!

4 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great. I cannot do this for all my kids, as far as making lunch pretty, but I like the idea of a theme like that, they'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my bentos are cute, some are pretty, some are themed, and some are just plain left overs. :) I'd LOVE a lunch of Ethiopian food!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!