Wednesday, January 16, 2013

No Time! No Time!

Today was a great day at work, followed by an awesome, but long meeting, followed
by a chat with a coworker that I needed information from.  The drive through 
never looked so tempting, but as I had some chips and dip during the meeting I knew what
I really needed for dinner was veggies and some protein.  I had half a purple cabbage still
left from my produce delivery, and I had found a recipe on pinterest for a Spicy Warm Purple
Cabbage Salad.  I was a bit skeptical, but... I love regular cabbage.. so I thought, lets try
cooking this purple cabbage.  Let's just say I found a new favorite!  LOVE.  I put
some in my lunch and will see if it's good cold, and if not I will pop it into the microwave.

Tomorrow's lunch is one of my quick and simple lunches as I am exhausted and feeling
a bit snuffy.  I want to make sure I get a good night's sleep. So this lunch was packed in less than five minutes, as it contains predominantly left overs!! 




Lunch is:  Spicy Warm Purple Cabbage Salad (the cheese heart will get added to the sandwich, and is just here to look cute), some frozen edamame that will be nicely defrosted by lunchtime,
 kiwi with a cute little heart pick, and a veggie patty sandwich topped with a cheese heart.


Now let me share a little secret with you.. I prefer to photograph my bento outside as the lighting in 
my house is awful, but since I often pack at night.. well... I have a makeshift little photo studio on one of my kitchen chairs, so I can angle it to get the best light.. Tonight Mischief decided to photo bomb.. silly kitty, that's Mama's lunch!!!  

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!